Dear, I open for direct swap. You can contact me via email : chiphoi001@yahoo.com. I collect: - Lunar new year; - Lady slipper & Dancing lady orchid; - Tom of Finland; - Inge Look Aunties; - Blue Cats World Trip; - Erotic (about men); - Van Gogh card from museum

presentation

My postcard album for swap
If you find something interesting in my album and want to swap, you can drop me some lines with your album. Thank you.

lundi 8 décembre 2014

Cover#037 UK, World War I



Another one in my mail box today is this cover from UK. 2 stamps from a set of 6 about the centanery of World War I.
The first one shows a verse from the poem nammed " For the Fallen" which has seven stanzas and written by Laurence Binyon. The poem honoured the World War I British war dead of that time, and in particular the British Expeditionary Force, which by then already had high casualty rates on the developing Western Front. The poem was published when the Battle of the Marne was foremost in people's minds.
The "Ode of Remembrance" is an ode taken from Laurence Binyon's poem, "For the Fallen". It is regularly recited at memorial services held on days commemorating World War I, such as ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day, and Remembrance Sunday

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;

They sleep beyond England's foam


The seconed stamps shows Papaver Rhoeas, the symbol of WWI and one of my favorite flowers.


Thank you so much Cardamone!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire